Poster Presentation Information
Instructions for Poster Presenters
Over 50 technical Posters will be displayed at the 13th International Detonation Symposium.
Please consider the following when preparing your poster presentation:
- Poster boards will be 4 feet (1.2 m) high by 8 feet (2.4 m) wide with usable space being a few inches smaller on each side.
- Please make the displays so they are clearly visible from a distance of 4 feet (1.2 m). We recommend that you use 24-point or larger font sizes, and use a simple font (like Arial).
- Poster boards can be used with pushpins or Velcro. A supply of pushpins will be available for your use.
- Remember that poster presentations are primarily a visual medium and plan your presentation carefully to convey your intended message. A copy of the Detonation Symposium paper pinned to the board, even if the font size is increased, is not effective at conveying your message.
- Keep any explanatory text close to the figure it explains.
- Include a concise summary statement or take-away message.
The Posters will be on display from Monday through Thursday of the Symposium in the Monticello and Merrimac Rooms of the Sheraton Hotel. Authors can begin setting up their displays at 3:00 PM on Sunday, July 23 and should plan to leave them displayed through the afternoon of Thursday, July 27. Assignment of Poster Numbers and a layout of the rooms will be provided in a separate Poster Session booklet to be part of the registration packet at the Symposium.
The author-attended Poster Session is scheduled for Tuesday, July 25, 3:30 to 5:30 PM, and will be conducted in two 1-hour sessions. We request that authors of odd-numbered posters be in attendance at their posters for the first hour on Tuesday (3:30 to 4:30) and authors of even-numbered posters be in attendance for the second hour (4:30 to 5:30). Authors are welcome to be at their posters for the entire two hours if they choose. There will be a Poster Reception with refreshments during the two-hour event.
Questions or Special Needs
If you have any questions or special needs such as a small table for display items (samples or laptop) please contact Dr. Anita Renlund, Poster Chair, (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.